Reagan will re-open Venom Camp for sports which will start in the fall: Football, Volleyball, Tennis, and Cross Country, on Monday, July 13th, with strict protocols in place to keep our athletes and coaches safe. Please note the camps are optional. If an athlete chooses not to attend and continue virtual training, that is acceptable.
Each student athlete participating must complete the pre-screen questionnaire from the Google classroom prior to the camp session. Pre-screening areas will be established near the drop off areas. Temperatures will be taken. Student athletes with a fever or an incomplete daily questionnaire will not be allowed to participate. If an athlete is positive for Covid-19 or has been in contact with someone positive, we are asking that they stay home and contact their coach immediately so that appropriate protocols can be followed.
Please note the following updates and reminders:
- Volleyball will be the only group allowed indoors in the gyms.
- There will be no weight room usage.
- No athletes will be allowed in the locker rooms.
- Coaches will wear masks at all times.
- Athletes will wear masks at all times, except when actively participating. Your coach will advise his/her athletes.
- Equipment will be cleaned regularly.
- Spacing will be maintained except during specific sport drills.
Remember to bring the following to each workout:
- MASK: Students must wear a mask upon arrival and departure from the campus. Students will wear a mask moving from one area to the next.
- PAPER TOWEL
- BAG/SLING PACK: There will be NO access to the locker room facilities and coaches cannot secure personal items.
- ATHLETIC ATTIRE: Cleats, tennis shoes, shorts, workout shirts. Reagan wear or school colors (green, black, grey, white).
- OPTIONAL: Personal hand sanitizer (School will provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the Athletic Complex) and/or personal disinfectant wipes (Clorox wipes, etc.)
Sorry, no parents or spectators are allowed on campus during Venom Camp sessions per District policy.
UIL is set to begin fall sports as scheduled and the strength and conditioning camps will give our athletes and coaches the opportunity to prepare. Following all these guidelines will insure we can continue our camps. To help prevent the spread, athletes and coaches are asked to avoid large public gatherings and to wear a mask, as required by the city of San Antonio and Bexar County.
Let’s work together to get prepared for our fall season! Stay healthy and safe!