June 23, 2017 – Reagan once again claimed the Dan Cook Cup Trophy for the 2016-17 school year. This honor is awarded to the top overall high school sports program in the Express-News Area. Reagan earned this title by achieving Regional Championships in Volleyball, Boys Swimming, Girls Swimming, and Baseball; District Championships in Boys Basketball, Football, Girls Cross Country, Girls Soccer, Girls Track, and Volleyball. Additional points were received for teams qualifying for Playoffs, including Boys Cross Country, Boys Soccer, Boys Track, Girls Golf, and Girls Softball.
Several outstanding athletes also contributed to Reagan earning the Cup, including Taylor Olson, who was named Athlete of the Year for her performances in both Girls Soccer and Track.
- Camryn Ennis – Player of the Year, All Area Team
- Elissa Barbosa – Super Team, All Area Team
- Marquis Duncan, Football – All-Area First Team
- Derek Kerstetter, Football – All-Area First Team
- Kyle Anderson, Football, All-Area Second Team
- Spencer Gilliam, Football, All-Area Second Team
- Brandon Smith, Football, All-Area Second Team
- Zach Yeardon – Swimmer of the Year, All Area
- Katelyn Bartley – All Area
- Hannah Feng – All Area
- Brandon Garcia – All Area
- Rachel Rodriguez – All Area
- River Reed – Super Team, All Area
- Jacob Galan – Super Team, All Area
- Justin Sukow – Super Team, All Area
- Christa Morovitz – Super Team, All Area
- Taylor Olson, – Athlete of the Year, Super Team, All Area Team
- Romina Gonzalez – Super Team, All Area
- Christian Hansen – All Area
- Katie Thorstenson – All Area
- Jon Ayers – All Area
- Luke Godwin – All Area
- Natalie Gonzalez – All Area
- Grace Landwehr – All Area
- Kyndall Quiroz – All Area
- Morgan Hanz – Super Team, All Area Team
- Cade Bormet – Player of the Year, All Area Team
- Cal Carver – Super Team, All Area
Boys Track & Field
- Liam White – All Area
Reagan previously earned the Cup in 2014-2015, 2013-2014, 2007-2008, and 2003-2004.
CLICK HERE for original story and photos by San Antonio Express News.
The winner of the Dan Cook Cup is determined by using a formula similar to the one used by the University Interscholastic League to determine its annual Lone Star Cup winner. Points are given for each sport, based on district, regional and state finish, as well as playoff advancement. Points also are given for teams with individuals making Express-News All-Area teams. Points are compiled from the following sports: baseball, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls cross country, field hockey (SPC members only), football, boys and girls golf, boys and girls soccer, softball, boys and girls swimming and diving, team tennis, boys and girls track and field, boys volleyball (SPC members only), girls volleyball, boys and girls wrestling.