In the ranking for the prestigious Dan Cook Cup, Reagan tied for 8th in the Express News area and tied for 2nd in 6A. Points for the Cup are given for each sport, based on district, regional and state finish, as well as playoff advancement and for individuals making Express-News All-Area teams.
Reagan led the area with the most District Championships (Baseball, Team Tennis, Boys Cross Country, Girls Soccer, Girls Track & Field, Girls & Boys Swimming & Diving, and Volleyball (co-champions)). Regional Championships were also earned by Reagan’s Girls Track & Field and Girls Swimming.
Reagan athletes who made State appearances this past year included:
- Aquatics: Katelyn Bartley, Morgan Bartley, Shea Burcham, Kevin Cai, Kristie Chen, Kaylee Coffey, Kaili Cuenca, Ryan del Valle, Brandon Garcia, Elena Garcia, Sophia La Beau, Marcel Mateos-Salles, Chris Partipilo, Luke Prior, Len Ray, Tamia Rousey, Mark Shenouda, Sarah Walpole
- Girls Golf: Kinsey Ray
- Tennis: Kyle Totorica
- Boys Track & Field: Noah Crawford
- Girls Track & Field: Jourdann Evans-Bledsoe, Maddie McElroy, Gabriella Martinez, Jasmine Montgomery, Lainey Olsen, Alyssa Quinones, Mariana Rodriguez Chavez, Hunter Simmons, Taylen Wise
- Wrestling: Addison Garcia, Brandon Huerta, Joe Huerta, Amir Mussali, Zarek Hernandez (alternate)
Reagan athletes selected for All-Area teams included:
- Aquatics: Morgan Bartley, Katelyn Bartley, Kaylee Coffey, Brandon Garcia
- Baseball: Cal Martin, Travis Sthele
- Football: Konner Fox, Travis Sthele
- Golf: Kinsey Ray
- Soccer (Boys): Eugenio Albo, Michael Morell
- Soccer (Girls): Eden Jones
- Softball: Kamryn Caldwell
- Tennis: Bailey Godwin, Kyndall Quiroz, Kyle Totorica
- Track & Field (Boys): Noah Crawford
- Track & Field (Girls): Jasmine Montgomery, Kylie Wadley, Taylen Wise
And, Reagan coaches earning E-N Coach of the Year, included:
- Aquatics: Mike Sansavera
- Soccer (Girls): Kathleen McCollum
- Tennis: David Daniel
- Track & Field (Girls): Jennifer McHugh
In the past, Reagan has received the coveted Dan Cook Cup five times, in 2016-2017, 2014-2015, 2013-2014, 2007-2008, and 2003-2004.
See more stories about the 2018-2019 Dan Cook Cup in the San Antonio Express News story https://www.expressnews.com/sports/high-school/article/Boerne-Champion-reigns-as-top-athletic-program-14061536.php#photo-17690240.
Congratulations to all these athletes, coaches, and teams for their contributions! We’re looking forward to seeing our Rattlers perform in 2019-2020!
#WeAreReagan #StrikeEm #RattlerPride